Head and Neck Buddies - Harlow (Princess Alexandra Hospital)
Have you been affected by head and neck cancer? Would you like to support current head and neck cancer patients? Do you live in West Essex or East Herts? This may be the role for you!
Bring your strong listening skills to provide emotional support to others affected by cancer. Together you can help us ensure people in Essex are able to live life, no matter what.
You need to be 18 years old or over to apply for this opportunity.
What we're looking for
- Personal experience of head and neck cancer
- Strong listening skills
- Empathy and ability to relate and respond well to people
- Able to work well in a team
- Initiative and ability to refer complex issues to the right person when needed
What you can gain from this opportunity
Download role description
- Use your own cancer experience to make a difference to people affected by cancer
- Join an enthusiastic team of people who want to make a difference, just like you
- Receive an induction, relevant training and agreed out-of-pocket expenses
- Enjoy the full support of your volunteer manager and other Head and Neck Buddies